quinta-feira, 27 de abril de 2017

RABBIT HOODIE FOR INES . THE SWEET MERCERIE

Second blog post of the week? I still can’t believe it. But here it is!
 
PATTERN: Self draft. I draft this pattern last November for my students so they could practice working with knits. The original pattern - I shared a sneak peak on my IG - had cuffs and a waistband so it could be totally made without a sewing machine, only using a serger. This time a made it without the cuffs and waistband because I didn’t have matching rib and I think I like it this way even better… Not only is this a fast and fun project to sew, it is also great design to play with contrasting fabrics. Plus, with the rabbit ears, it is a great success with my daughter Ines…

 
 
FABRIC: Bear,Rabbit and Heart Printed French Terry from The Sweet Mercerie. Last week I applied for a chance to sew something for my kids with a fabric from the online shop The Sweet Mercerie. I was so happy when Yvone contacted me asking if I liked this cute fabric. I showed it to my kids and Ines said a big yes! The fabric has the perfect weight for a spring sweater and, not only is the print adorable, it is also a very nice quality french terry. For a bit of contrast, I mixed it with a some black/white striped jersey from my stash.


So thank you so much The Sweet Mercerie for this wonderful fabric. It was a pleasure to sew it and Ines thinks it is a pleasure to wear it!

4 comentários:

  1. Oh I can see why your daughter loved this fabric so much! What a sweet hoodie, love the addition of contrasting fabric for the ears.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar